5 Tips To Be Ready For The Bay To Breakers
It is the most wonderful time of the year. Bay to Breakers is right around the corner. I have been running Bay To Breakers for years now, and every year I am looking forward to it.
May 21st, 2017 is the day... Only 5 more days! So if you are running this race for the first time, here are the 5 tips for you to be ready:
1. Get your bib at the expo. (May 19th & 20th, 2017 is this year's dates. More information can be found here.)
2. Plan your trip to/from the Start Line. (If you are not planning to drive or get dropped of at the start line, I would suggest to look at the Bart times, and private shuttle option provided by the race management. You can learn more here.)
3. Check the race route. ( The race starts on Howard St. and finishes at the Great Highway by Ocean Beach. Click the map below to learn more about the course info)
4. Don't Run With An Empty Stomach. (It is always good to have some food in your system before the race as the energy source. There are aid stations along the way, but 1-2 hours before the race, having a light breakfast will definitely help you.)
5. Enjoy The Race! - Bay To Breakers is always a blast. Prepare a costume to run with or enjoy the other runners' costumes. According to Wikipedia, Bay To Breakers has been run for more consecutive years over a given course and length than has any other footrace in the world. So enjoy this iconic race.